Joining the Houston Area Chapter provides you with access to benefits and privileges designed to help it's members grow in the anti-fraud profession.
One of the ways that we help members achieve their goals is by promoting the CFE designation and helping members defray some of the exam costs.
Members who join the Houston ACFE Chapter at least a 60 days prior to taking and passing the CFE Exam are eligible for a $500 award. Current members must be up to date on their dues to be eligible. Awards are limited and the board has the authority to suspend the awards process at any time. To receive your award please follow these instructions.
One of the best training and networking events is the Annual Fraud Conference and Exhibition put on by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. The Houston Area ACFE Chapter assists member(s) annually to help get them to the conference and represent the Houston ACFE Chapter.
Houston Chapter Members who are interested in applying for the award should adhere to the following:
- Must be a chapter member by February 1st of the current year.
- Current members must be up to date on their dues.
- Members must write a 500 word essay on why they should receive the award and how the conference will help benefit them in their career.
- Essay should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and are due by March 15th.
- The Subject line should read - "Consideration for Annual Conference Award"
- Essays will be reviewed by the board.
- Other considerations including overall attendance and volunteerism to the chapter may also be a factor for the award recipient.
- The award recipient will be chosen by April 1st and announced at the April luncheon.
- To claim the award, the recipient must attend the annual conference and present receipts for airfare, hotel, meals, etc. upon returning.
- The chapter will issue a check to the reward recipient in July following the conference.
The Houston Chapter hosts an annual member appreciation training session that will provide anywhere from 4-8 hours CPE at little or no cost to it's members.
Promote your fraud detection and/or prevention practice through the chapter website. Members can 'opt-in' to being listed on the website's Find a Fraud Examiner directory. This is an excellent way for practitioners to make their contact information available for potential clients.
The Houston Area ACFE has established scholarships directly through Sam Houston State University, University of Houston and University of Houston - Clear Lake. Students must access the university's financial aid website for more information about the Houston Area ACFE Scholarships, including requirements, eligibility criteria and deadlines. This program is intended to assist students that major in accounting, business administration, finance, pre-law, or criminal justice and demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in fraud examination or similar anti-fraud profession.
Through the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship, the ACFE Foundation supports the education of students who have an interest in pursuing a career in fraud examination. The scholarship provides an opportunity for students to advance their education and anti-fraud career paths. Many of these outstanding and deserving students go on to become Certified Fraud Examiners.
The Ritchie-Jennings Memorial scholarship award amounts are $10,000, $5,000, $2,500, and $1,000. Scholarships are awarded in U.S. dollars and include a one-year ACFE Student Associate membership . Awards will be paid directly to the award recipient’s university.
Applications are now available on the ACFE website.
For past scholarship recipients, please see the Scholarship Winners page.