American National is currently seeking to hire a Senior Investigator to join the team.
The chosen individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Promote fraud awareness to all employees and agents.
- Perform criminal investigations under the direction of the department head for Corporate Investigative Services.
- Report criminal case results to law enforcement and regulators at the direction of the department head for Corporate Investigator Services.
- Recommend corrective actions at the end of investigations, including changes that may mitigate current or future losses from current or future reoccurrences.
- Identify opportunities for discovering fraudulent activity by employees and agents through continuous monitoring or continuous auditing.
- Monitor and account for actual and potential restitution recoveries for assigned cases.
- Document the results of investigations and other activities in case files and the CIS case management application, software or database.
- Prepare written summaries of investigations to be provided to senior management and/or law enforcement and regulators.
- Use designated audio or video recording devices and methods to document statements from alleged victims and subjects of review at an expected level and in a manner that can be used when needed for legal (civil or criminal) or regulatory proceedings.
- Other duties may be assigned when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance or criminology and four years of investigator experience (preferably within an insurance carrier or financial services entity)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE from the ACFE), the Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator (CIFI from IASIU) or the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA from the IIA) credential.
- Experience and ability to gather expeditiously and judiciously relevant evidence and information.
- Sufficient insurance, investment and business knowledge to independently discern acceptable activities from unacceptable activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop business relationships with employees and agency management in many different operations and levels of the company.
- Convey a professional image to officers, fellow employees, agents, law enforcement and regulators.
- Effective communication of investigative results, both oral and written.
- Ability to interview/interrogate using generally-accepted techniques.
- Able to write and verbally communicate in Spanish is a plus.
For those who are interested they are welcomed to contact Rebecca Hernandez or apply using the URL found below: