Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance– FIU Detection
Job ID R0061438, Date posted 06/02/2021
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Detection Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance FIU for one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Plano, TX, Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC.
Manages and leads a staff in delivering best-in-class Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) enterprise services to business partners and in meeting USAA's regulatory requirements of preventing, detecting, and reporting suspected money laundering and terrorist financing activities. Provides AML operational oversight and compliance solutions for USAA and its affiliates.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Manages the daily operations of AML staff by overseeing alert/case volumes and providing ongoing coaching, guidance, and training.
- Serves as primary resource to team members on escalated AML detection/investigative issues and provides coaching and feedback to the team.
- Responsible for management functions including new employee selection, employee development, performance evaluation, and corrective action.
- Creates and implements unit objectives and policies and procedures to meet organizational goals and objectives in support of USAA and its membership.
- Oversees and manages designated AML prevention and detection environments and ensures regulatory and reporting requirements are met.
- Provides decisions on rules for money laundering activities and filing of referrals.
- Interacts with law enforcement and industry and regulatory authorities, as appropriate.
- Implements tactical and operational business compliance requirements.
- Identifies and implements corrective action for any outstanding AML or BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) and OFAC compliance issues.
- Collaborates with senior management in developing strategy, business plans/objectives for the AML/BSA team.
- Represents the AML/BSA unit on various committees, working groups and complex projects, or initiatives.
- Leads training sessions on AML awareness and processes.
Maintains AML expert knowledge and keeps abreast of money laundering typology trends within USAA and industry-wide.
- Advises senior management of AML risk exposure based on suspected activity or employee misconduct or collusion related to ML/TF activity.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (10years total).
- 6 or more years AML or financial crimes management or other relevant experience.
- 2 or more years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- 4 or more years strong team leadership, communication, interpersonal and management skills, with a track record of leading through change.
- 4 or more years as a subject matter expert on BSA/AML regulatory requirements and obligations with the ability to identify emerging compliance issues or themes.
- 4 or more years leading high performing AML operations teams.
- 2 or more years engaging with audit, federal regulators, and industry associations.
- 2 or more years with demonstrated accomplishments delivering on regulatory priorities.
- 2 or more years process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining relevant metrics and reporting to effectively measure and enhance functional performance across AML FIU.
- Possesses time management, planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of Actimize.
- A professional certification including: ACAMS Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), ACFE Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and International Compliance Association (ICA) certification in Financial Crime Prevention.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Other locations: San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Plano, TX, Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC.
Link for the job posting: https://www.usaajobs.com/job/san-antonio/manager-anti-money-laundering-compliance-fiu-detection/1207/8841968672?utm_source=email&utm_medium=social_post&utm_campaign=USAA_social